The University Grants Commission (UGC), established in November 1956 as a statutory body of the Government of India through an Act of Parliament, has the unique distinction of being the only grant giving agency in the country which has been vested with two responsibilities that of providing funds and that of coordination, determination and maintenance of standards in institutions of higher education. To monitor standards of the higher educational institutions the UGC has established the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) as an autonomous body, under section 12(ccc) of its Act in September 1994. NAAC has been instilling a momentum of quality consciousness amongst Higher Educational Institutions, aiming for continuous improvement. However, lasting improvements in standards cannot come about only by accreditation from outside, once in five years. An internal mechanism for sustenance, assurance and enhancement of the quality culture of education imparted by them, therefore, become essential. Many HEIs already have established the Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) as a post accreditation quality sustenance activity. Recognizing the importance of such institutional internal quality system the UGC has taken a policy decision to direct all colleges to establish IQAC for which it has decided to provide seed financial assistance
- To develop a quality system for conscious, consistent and catalytic programmed action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the College
- To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality enhancement through internationalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic
and administrative activities of the Colleges.
- Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education
and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students, parents and other stakeholders on
quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles.
- Documentation of the various programmes/activities of the College, leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the college for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of good practices.
- Development and maintenance of institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining / enhancing the institutional quality.
- Development of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) of the College based on the quality parameters/assessment criteria developed by the relevant quality assurance body (like NAAC, NBA, AB) in the prescribed format.
- Bi-annual development of Quality Radars (QRs) and Ranking of Integral Unites of Colleges based on the AQAR.
- Interaction with SQACs in the pre and post accreditation quality assessment, sustenance and enhancement endeavours.
Benefits of IQAC
- Ensure heightened level of clarity and focus in institutional functioning towards quality enhancement.
- Ensure internalization of the quality culture.
- Ensure enhancement and integration among the various activities of the college and good practices.
- Provide a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
- Act as a dynamic system for quality changes in the Colleges.
- Build an organized methodology of documentation and internal communication.
Members of the IQAC Cell
- Dr. C.B.Kagathara – Principal & Chairman IQAC
- K.J.Gohil – Asso Professor & Co-ordinator IQAC
- Karansinh R. Gohil – Management Representative
- Shri H.H. Patel – Asso.Professor & Member
- P.V.Acharya – Asso.Professor & Member
- Tanvir M.Shaikh – Asst.Professor & Member
- Chhaya D. Panchal – Clerk & Member
Expert Panel IQAC
- Prof. V.P.Raj – M.R.Arts & Science College, Rajpipla.
- Prof. K.K.Sindha – M.R.Arts & Science College, Rajpipla